Paris is one of the most well-known cities in the world. It’s an absolute must-visit for Americans, especially because it’s so close to another great city, London. We’d recommend going in the Spring or Summer so you can see what everyone means by “Paris in bloom.” The weather isn’t too cold and the flowers will be out!
Here are our top 5 reasons why Paris is a must-see in the Spring:
· The food is incredible! There’s no shortage of cafes and restaurants to try out while you’re here. If you want something quick, cheap, and delicious, there’s always the crepe stands on almost every street corner! Don’t forget to try out French pastries, like macarons and croissants.
· Paris is the center of art and culture! The Louvre museum has a lot of history behind it and there are some truly incredible pieces of art within its walls. It’s also home to the Mona Lisa, so that’s a big attraction as well. There are also tons of art galleries, like the Picasso Museum and the Rodin Sculpture Garden. You can even go to a ballet or opera at some point during your stay!
· Paris is also very walkable! There are over 20 arrondissements (different neighborhoods) that you can visit. If you want to see the Eiffel Tower, you don’t have to take a train or bus. You can just walk there in about 20 minutes!
· Paris is the perfect blend of old and new. There are some beautiful Gothic churches at every turn alongside modern skyscrapers. Some examples are Notre Dame Cathedral- which is absolutely gorgeous- and the contemporary Grande Arche de la Défense.
· Paris is the city of lights. You can see why from anywhere that you’re standing when it’s dark outside. It’s truly a sight to behold at night. The Eiffel Tower, in particular, is very impressive when it sparkles every hour on the hour!