If you are looking to maintain a healthy lifestyle, by consuming a smart amount of calories. Or if you have fitness goals in mind or are looking to lose weight, fruit juices are an excellent addition to your diet. They are packed with numerous nutrients and are low in calories as well! While there are plenty of fruit juices you can make, star fruit juice is a unique choice. Star Fruit is enjoyed by many people around the world, especially in Asia. If you have not tried it already, this is your cue to make it at home!
Here’s what you will need:
- 3 Star Fruits- For your juice to be perfect, make sure to have ripe Star Fruits. You can tell that by the color of the fruit- it is mostly yellow with only hints of green.
- ½ an Ortanique Orange- These are typically sweet, so we used them in the recipe instead of normal oranges. If you wish to substitute with normal oranges, go ahead!
- ½ of Lime or ¼ of Lemon (optional)- depending on availability and preference.
- ½ knob of Ginger- not only does it add flavor but also has numerous health benefits.
- 2.5 cups of Water
- ½ cup of Coconut Water (optional)- if you can get fresh coconut water, you can, again, steer clear of preservatives!
- Sweetener (optional)- It can include white sugar, jaggery, maple syrup, or honey. Depending on availability and preference.
To make the juice, you need a high-performance blender. Wash and cut the fruit and add all the ingredients to the blender. Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated, and you are done! It is better if you make it at home because it will not contain any preservatives and the juice will be fresh! Moreover, you can adjust the ingredients exactly to your liking.